NFL Betting - Arizona Cardinals vs Los Angeles Rams Week 17
Jared Goff and the Los Angeles Rams won’t have a chance to defend the NFC crown they won last season, but L.A. can still cap off its 2019 season with a feel-good victory when they host Kyler Murray and the Arizona Cardinals in this Week 17 NFC West divisional battle. With the rams looking to finish with a winning record and the Cards looking to finish off the first year of their massive rebuild on a positive note, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NFL Week 17 odds.
Cardinals vs Rams NFL 2019 Week 17
- When?: Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 4:25 PM ET
- Where?: LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
- Cardinals vs Rams Live: FOX
- NFL Opening Odds: L.A. Rams -7.5 / Total: 49
Why Bet On Arizona (5-9-1)
Arizona might be 7.5-point road dogs in this season-ending matchup, but there are still some great reasons to believe the Cards can cover the chalk in this contest. First, Arizona has won two straight including a stunning 27-13 smackdown win over Russell Wilson and the playoff bound Seattle Seahawks last weekend. Then, there’s the fact that the Cards have gone 4-2-1 ATS over their last seven while covering the spread in each of their last two games. Arizona also has a clearly gifted starting quarterback in rookie Kyler Murray and the Cards have gotten an insanely huge boost from veteran running back Kenyan Drake after acquiring the former Dolphin at the trade deadline.
“I think it’s pretty evident and easy to tell that as a whole we’re just jelling better than we have all season,” said rookie quarterback Kyler Murray, the top overall pick in this year’s draft.
Arizona made what appeared to be a depth move by acquiring running back Kenyan Drake has rushed for a whopping 303 yards and six touchdowns over his last two games. Arizona averages 22.5 points per game (17th) while allowing 27.4 pints per contest defensively (28th).
- Cardinals are 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 games as a road underdog.
- Cardinals are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS win.
- Cardinals are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 17.
- Cardinals are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. NFC.
- Cardinals are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win.
- Cardinals are 10-4-1 ATS in their last 15 games as an underdog.
- Cardinals are 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
Why Bet On The LA Rams (8-7)
Los Angeles has underachieved in a big way this season, but there are still some good reasons to believe the Rams will get the win and ATS cover in Week 17. Jared Goff and company should be highly motivated to get the win to finish with a winning record, not to mention, getting the bad taste out of their collective mouths after losing two straight including a 34-31 road loss against San Francisco last weekend.
“We’re going to finish this season off the right way,” Rams coach Sean McVay told reporters this week. “To be able to finish with a winning record, that’s the next thing. You always have the playoffs, but that’s out the window. Well hey, let’s have some pride.”
Los Angeles has the more potent offense in averaging 24.2 points per contest (12th) while also owning the statistically better defense as well (22.7 ppg). Last, but not least, the Rams have far more overall talent on their roster than Arizona although I’ll be the first to admit that I’d take Kyler Murray over Jared Goff every day of the week.
- Rams are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss.
- Rams are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 vs. NFC West.
- Rams are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in December.
- Rams are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NFC.
- Rams are 4-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Rams are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games as a home favorite.
- Rams are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games as a favorite.
- Rams are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games overall.
Expert Analysis and Prediction Cardinals vs Rams
I know the Rams are playing for pride – and a winning record – but I’m going with Arizona to cap off their season by getting the ATS cover at the very least in this matchup, particularly if Kyler Murray suits up after injuring his hamstring last weekend.
Cardinals sack artist Chandler Jones had four sacks last week to boost his league-best total to 19 and I believe he’s going to force Goff into at least one costly turnover in this contest. I know the Cardinals are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 meetings, but the road team in this NFC West divisional rivalry has gone 8-2 ATS in their last 10 meetings. Arizona has gone an impressive 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 road games and 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 road games against a team with a winning home record. Conversely, the Rams are just 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win and 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 17. I’ve got the Rams winning, but the Cardinals covering the spread!
Pick: Rams 30 Cardinals 24